Wednesday 9 May 2018

When Patsy met Adam

My story 'Always Adamant' is in the current (May 12th) issue of The People's Friend. Isn't the illustration nice?

I met Adam Ant once, which was rather nice as I was a big fan more years ago than I can believe have actually passed since then. He was totally charming, and I like to think I hardly blushed or giggled at all.

We discussed Georgian medicine, which is one of his many interests and was part of the day job I had at the time. Afterwards he invited me to his concert later that week, as his guest. Obviously I went.

That story is true. It's not the inspiration for the one in The People's Friend. There is a connection though, honest.

The People's Friend magazine will consider submissions from all writers, whether or not they've been previously published. You can find their guidelines here. You can also click on the magazine name below this post, or in the magazine quick links over on the left, to read other posts about this publication, including advice to improve your chances of success, including some comments from the fiction editor.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely illustration, Patsy - bet the story is great, too. Adam Ant was very much a family favourite here, from the grannies down to the tots. We all loved him. Good wishes. Kate Hogan

Niddy said...

Well done on the story Patsy, will read it later with my morning coffee. I don't think I've ever met anyone famous before but I'm sure there's still time. I love The People's Friend site, so imformative and very helpful for new or even old writers.

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice to read this ...
Takes me back a while, my dear mum always read The People's Friend.

Happy May Wishes

All the best Jan

Lindsay said...

Well done. Lovely anecdote and a very interesting conversation topic with Adam Ant. I then of course had to read the story to find the link!

Unknown said...

What a great true story, Patsy and looking forward to reading the fictional one too in the People's Friend.x

Anonymous said...

I had a rejection from The People's Friend today :) but it came with such helpful, constructive feedback. I'd like to say thank you for that. It's encouraged me to take the advice and keep on writing.
New girl on the block

Anonymous said...

Very superb information can be found on weblog.

Carolb said...

Congratulations on the story, and that's a lovely illustration.

Adam Ant, those were the days- great fun.

lionsshare said...

Well done on your story. Great illustration.

Bubble said...

I loved adam ant. Must read your story this weekend.

Keith Havers said...

Congratulations, Patsy. You seemed to have cracked the People's Friend market now. Adam Ant did some brilliant videos.

Anonymous said...

Useful information. Lucky me I found your web site accidentally, and
I am shocked why this twist of fate didn't came about earlier!
I bookmarked it.

Patsy said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone.

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Wow - lucky you meeting Adam Ant! Glad to hear he was so nice. Well done on the new story, Patsy.