Thursday 22 September 2016

Meeting with womagwriter Andrea Wotherspoon

Andrea Wortherspoon lives right at the top of Scotland, where it's not that usual to have womagwriters who just happen to be passing. That wasn't enough to save her from a visit by the travelling writer.

We've known each other virtually for a while and exchanged critiques online, but never met and never chatted much - we made up for that!

To many of our comments on writing the other responded with 'me too'. It's good to know I'm not alone in either having more ideas than I can write, or having to start writing and hope I can drag something together.

Also reassuring was the knowledge I'm not being particularly neurotic (as womagwriters go) to react to a batch of rejections by wondering if I'll ever sell anything ever again.

Something else we have in common is liking a nice walk. Andrea suggested going out to Holburn Head and she's right, it's lovely there. I can easily understand why Andrea uses her local area in some of her stories.

That's the Orkneys you can see in the distance and the ruin you may have spotted in the picture of the two of us is Thurso castle.






3 comments:

Bea Charles said...

I'm so pleased you guys got to meet up. Lovely part of the country, Andrea.

L said...

How lovely! Good company and stunning scenery.

Glenda Young said...

How lovely to be able to meet up with fellow Womag writers. This has got me wondering if there's ever been a meet up of Womaggers (I've just made that word up)? Somewhere we can exchange ideas, help each other and share experiences, etc? And of course, eat cake and have a coffee too.